Coupons

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's That Time Of Year



It's that time of year again - it's tax filing season. Where do you file you're taxes? I do my own at http://www.taxact.com/.

I've been using this site for the past 3 years and it's been great. It's simple, easy, and best of all it's free! (I only had to pay to file the state one which was around $17 or so - still way cheaper than paying someone else to do it)

In 2010, I forgot to file a form and they called me to let me know that they filed the form for me and got me back an extra $2,000! Awesome right?

Just last year I filed my mom's tax and got back more money than her tax preparer would've gotten her. Her tax preparer even asked me how I was able to get back so much because she did her calculations and what she got was $3,000 less than what Tax Act said.

So if you have a simple W-2 Form, give them a try. Why pay someone else to do it when you can do it yourself? If you need help, I can help you or do it for you if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment